This project involved an extensive refurbishment, restoration and extension of a Grade 2 Listed 1850’s Villa.
The house had been untouched for some 40 years and the refurbishment involved opening up the house to allow modern open plan living and large amounts of natural light without damaging the existing fabric and original details.
The works included a large two-storey side and rear extension, following the vernacular on the front and a contemporary glazed extension to the rear.
The clients wanted to increase the sustainable credentials of the house, achieved through provision of a ground source heat pump, improvement to the insulation, water harvesting and use of recycled materials.
Opening up the house internally meant that the flow of spaces was much improved including a double aspect master suite and a library space acting as a link space between the kitchen / diner and the formal dining spaces.